Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation from an old Canadian Living Recipe. It is simple, a small batch, and easy to manage on a busy day. The original recipe called for Rice Flour and well as Flour, but I substituted Cornstarch just fine.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whip butter, sugar and salt untill fluffy.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir in flour and cornstarch a bit at a time to incorporate.
- Form into two thick ropes, rolling on wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes; they will be firm and easy to slice into coins.
- Bake slices until they just begin to turn golden on the bottom.
- I added chocolate chips to half, and they were nice too.
Tried this recipe and it is perfect!
Nice 'n easy and oh so light and melt in your mouth. I separated the dough adding different treats like glace cherries n chocolate chips.
It definitely delivered, thank you womanofmystery!