Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had a small portion of a Yellow Globe left, but didn't feel like having any more straight watermelon. This was the perfect way to finish it off- sweet and hot in the perfect combination. I served it as part of an appetizer with smoked sausages, habanero cheese, and crackers- but this would also be very nice on fish, or a variety of grilled meats. Cook time is sitting time.
- 2 cups seeded and coarsely chopped watermelon
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced (or substitute milder chile)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Mix together watermelon, onion, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Season with balsamic and sea salt, to taste.
- Cover and let refrigerate for at least an hour to meld flavours.
- Strain juices out and serve.