Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A Canadian Living recipe. This is very easy to make. I do find it just a bit sticky before cooking. You can add variety by adding grated carrots or sunflower seeds. Great if served with on really good bread such as focaccia topped with sprouts, tomatoes and sour cream.
Top Review by Annacia
This was very tasty indeed. I used the salsa version and let the patties chill for 12 hrs. Just before pan grilling I dusted them lightly with flour on both sides and gently placed then into the hot pan. They came out nicely browned and with a bit of a crust that was great and they weren't bad to turn using a wide spatula. I served them on Recipe#251077 with Recipe#441526 on the side for am excellent summer meal.
- 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans or 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce or 1⁄4 cup salsa or 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place about 3/4 of the beans into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties (May wrap in plastic and refrigerate up to 24 hours at this point.
- Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat (or spray with nonstick spray such as Pam) and cook patties, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. **If cooking on bbq I use my vegetable grill so that pieces don't fall into bbq.**.