Recipe by NancysFancies
An easy & quick non-meat supper that cooks in one pot. I created this recipe during a period of time when my husband became a vegetarian for health reasons. It was a constant struggle to find filling meals that didn't require tons of ingredients I didn't have on hand.
Top Review by Chef Treenie
I am a part time vegetarian because I also struggle with trying to come up with ideas with fewer ingredients. This was simple to make and pretty good. I will be making it again. I drained and rinsed the white beans before adding them and I gave the stewed tomatoes a whirl in the food processor. I served this stew over brown rice. Turned out to be a healthy hearty stew made easy. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in a coating of olive oil; add the carrots and continue cooking until they are softened. Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes (breaking them up into smaller pieces in the pan). Cook on medium heat until liquid cooks down to your desired thickness, about 20-25 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve with rice.
- Note: try to buy the carrots with the tops still on--forget the ones in the bags. The flavor difference is significant.