Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Long long ago an old buddy whose hobby is emailing me recipes(his favourites gathered from various parts of India, emailed this across. I think it was way back in Jan this year. Its a great recipe enjoyed by everyone at home. This is specially for Sandy One who requested for a vegetarian sandwich recipe. I sincerely hope you'll like it as much as I do.
Top Review by love4culinary
Well.. posted a review for this once and it didnt go through!!! lol.. This is totally yummy and completely delightful! :-) Im really glad I was able to try this recipe.. and plan on trying many more of your recipes, Char!! keep posting! hehe :-) Miss catching you on the boards!
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes.
- Cut the remaining vegetables finely.
- Take the boiled potatoes and mash them with the other vegetables well.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under the heading"masalas".
- Mix well using your palm.
- Take 2 bread slices and cut their sides.
- Apply some butter or margarine on both.
- Put the above prepared mixture on one bread slice.
- Cover with the other slice.
- Now toast it in the bread toaster if you desire or munch on right away!
- Enjoy this with Tomato Ketchup or Green chutney.