Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just made this up myself last night. Very simple and easy. Hope your family loves it as much as mine!
- 1⁄2 cup red quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 2 pinches onion powder
- salt (To taste)
- about 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer until water comes through clear (if needed).
- Put the water and quinoa in a pot together and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat a little and let the quinoa cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Once cooked throw in the beans and stir until they are heated.
- Add the rest of ingredients, tasting often.