Recipe by cookbooksanonymous
I love this recipe. It's made from ingredients everybody usually has on hand at anytime without having to run to the store, which is how I came across it. I was out of eggs, and milk. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com where it had been posted by Nicdelis. It makes great, light, and fluffy pancakes. I always throw a few chocolate chips in mine while they are cooking, and top with peanut butter and syrup. So bad, but soooo good.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This recipe works out wonderfully and yields soft, pliable, yummy sweet pancakes. A winner!
I used 1 cup whole spelt flour and 1/4 cup spelt flour, splenda in place of the sugar and only about 2 ts oil. That worked out nicely.
The pancakes are a snap to make and I dont think anyone would guess they're vegan.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, cookbooksanonymous!
Made and reviewed for the PAC Event Spring 2012.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 water
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add dry ingredients to bowl and whisk together. Pour in water and oil. Whisk until combined. A few lumps are OK.
- Spray non-stick spray in skillet, and pour batter in until pancake is desired size. If adding anything like chocolate chips or blueberries, now is the time, just sprinkle them on top of the pancake. Cook on first side until bubbles form, then flip to other side. When second side is golden, remove from pan to plate,
- Top with your choice of ingredients. Devour pancakes, Take nap.