Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We have this casserole every Thanksgiving. The original recipe called for water chestnuts, but my family hates them so I left them out.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crushed buttery cracker, we use Ritz
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Butter a 13x9" baking dish. Layer Veg-All in the bottom. Mix next 5.
- ingredients and pour over Veg-All. Combine crumbs and melted butter and pour.
- over top of casserole. Bake for 45 minutes in a 350º oven.
I love this recipe because it doesn't have any mayo in it like other Veg-All Casserole recipes I've tried. Only change I made was to substitute a can of cream of mushroom soup for one of the cans of cream of celery soup. Made it for Christmas dinner and will definitely be making it again!