A traditional favorite
Make and share this Simple Vanilla Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place paper cups in 12 count muffin tin.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Sift flour baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt and fold into egg and butter mixture alternating with milk.
- Spoon in cups, bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
These tasted good but were not what I expected. They tasted more like a muffin to me rather than a cupcake - kind of heavy and dense not light like a cake. The kids really enjoyed them though and the recipe was so simple to put together I would use it again in a pinch as I tend to avoid cake mixes. The grown-ups liked them, the kids loved them, and the recipe was so simple, I averaged this out to 4 stars. Thank you for sharing.