Recipe by *lovefood*
Easy and simple but can be made individual with a slight twist or a special icing. For a nice twist, can add frozen fruit just before it goes into the oven and it will burst into flavor and color.
Top Review by blueRaspberries
This is a very nice and simple recipe! Although the cupcakes turned out very nice, they were a little bland. I would recommend adding a little extra sugar. I would also recommend reducing the baking time by 2-3 minutes. But overall, this is a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.)
- 1 1⁄4 eggs
- 5⁄8 cup milk
- 5⁄8 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375f or 190c; line muffin cups with papers.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk beat well; stir in vanilla.
- Divide evenly among pans and bake for 18 minutes. let cool in pans.