Recipe by *lovefood*
easy and simple but can be made individual with a slight twist or a special icing. For a nice twist, can add frozen fruit just before it goes into the oven and it will burst into flavour and colour.
Top Review by blueRaspberries
This is a very nice and simple recipe! Although the cupcakes turned out very nice, they were a little bland. I would recommend adding a little extra sugar. I would also recommend reducing the baking time by 2-3 minutes. But overall, this is a great recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375f or 190c; line muffin cups with papers.
- cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time.
- add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk beat well; stir in vanilla.
- divide evenly among pans and bake for 18 minutes. let cool in pans.