- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread potatoes in a buttered 11x7" baking dish.
- Combine cream, broth, sage, garlic, and salt.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover with buttered foil, bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake uncovered until brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Let rest before serving.