1/2 Photos of Simple Twice Baked Potatoes
2 hrs 20 mins
A very simple recipe without cheeses or bacon, but still quite tasty, and potentially quite lowfat. Sorry about the lack of amounts but it is a pretty loosey goosey affair. This recipe freezes well if you freeze it before the second baking and then just pop it in the oven straight from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub and grease potatoes with vegetable oil.
- 2Bake in oven until well done and crisp (about an hour at 400 F).
- 3While potatoes are still hot, slice them in half lengthwise, and scoop the insides out into a bowl. Reserve the potato shells.
- 4Add butter or margarine to taste, and the onion soup mix. Mash together well.
- 5Slowly add milk to the potato mixture until the consistency is that of fluffy mashed potatoes.
- 6Place mixture back in potato shells. Recipe may be frozen at this point.
- 7Rebake potatoes at 400 F until crispy and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g