Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple soup that's easy to whip up on a cold winter night after work.
- 1 -2 lb smoked turkey (I use a pre-cooked Jenny-O roast from the meat department)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 (14 -15 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon asian five-spice powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Chop the turkey into small cubes and place in a pot with the vegetables.
- Add the broth and the spices. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until vegetables are cooked and slightly soft (about 20 minutes).
- If desired, you can add cooked rice or egg noodles to the bowl and ladel the soup over it. Yummy! It also freezes well and is even better the next day.