Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple tuna dish that is an instant favorite!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄4 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk (whole works best)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F degrees.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in small sauce pan on medium heat. DO NOT BURN. Add flour and whisk. Add milk. Whisk again.
- Cook until thick like gravy.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except cheese) in Pyrex loaf pan. If using metal, grease with butter. Avoid the use of non-stick cookware!
- Add the white sauce you just created. I like to scrape in as much as possible with a silicone spatula. Add cooked/drained noodles. Stir gently, tends to spill over.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used canned peas as I am not a fan of frozen peas, used dried minced onions instead of regular onions and doubled the amount of cheddar cheese as we thought it needed more cheese. This was a good, quick, easy weeknight meal.