Recipe by No-Brussel-Sprouts
Like most foods, I suspect this would probably taste better if it were deep fried, or slathered in oil or butter - but if that's not an option for you, here's a simple way to make individual serving bowls for your taco salad. You'll need a non-stick frying pan and two bowls that fit snugly together, the larger bowl will dictate the size of your tortilla bowl.
Top Review by flower7
What a great idea! I only had 8" tortillas and I think this would be even better with the large "burrito"-size ones. I forgot the salt but didn't miss it; after adding salad and vinaigrette (I didn't use for taco salad, just a "regular" salad), the tortilla bowl was seasoned enough for me. This is a recipe I will be utilizing over and over! Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat non-stick frying pan to medium high.
- Brown 1 tortilla on both sides, keep it moving or it will burn. If you get bubbles press the tortilla down with a spatula, just remember: keep it moving!
- Sprinkle with a little salt for flavour once tortillas are warm.
- When both sides are covered in brown spots (less than a minute per side on my stove) remove from pan and put in large bowl. Shape by putting smaller bowl on top. Be gentle or it will crack.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Use immediately. I recommend filling them with Paula Deen's Taco Salad recipe #141195.