1/6 Photos of Simple Tortilla Bowl for Taco Salad
Like most foods, I suspect this would probably taste better if it were deep fried, or slathered in oil or butter - but if that's not an option for you, here's a simple way to make individual serving bowls for your taco salad. You'll need a non-stick frying pan and two bowls that fit snugly together, the larger bowl will dictate the size of your tortilla bowl.
My Private Note
- 1Heat non-stick frying pan to medium high.
- 2Brown 1 tortilla on both sides, keep it moving or it will burn. If you get bubbles press the tortilla down with a spatula, just remember: keep it moving!
- 3Sprinkle with a little salt for flavour once tortillas are warm.
- 4When both sides are covered in brown spots (less than a minute per side on my stove) remove from pan and put in large bowl. Shape by putting smaller bowl on top. Be gentle or it will crack.
- 5Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 6Use immediately. I recommend filling them with Paula Deen's Taco Salad Paula Deen's Taco Salad.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tortilla Bowl for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g