Recipe by Ameliahead
I made this up one winter when I was too lazy to make minestrone, but wanted something kind of similar. REALLY easy and healthy! Measurements and times are approximate.
Top Review by SugarPlum336
A very, very delicious and simple soup. To make it even simpler, I used a tsp. of dried thyme and basil and used 6 cups of broth instead of 8. I made it for guests and served it with bread and a salad. Everyone loved it.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 2 sprig fresh thyme, left whole
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans or 2 (850.48 g) can butter beans or 2 (850.48 g) canother white beans, drained and rinsed
- 907.18 g vegetable broth (use less if you like a thicker soup)
- black pepper
- 141.74 g Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans and broth, and cook until soup simmers. Check for seasoning.
- Just before serving, add spinach a handful at a time, until wilted.
- Serve--very good with a hunk of crusty bread and a salad.