1/2 Photos of Simple Tomato-Spinach-White Bean Soup
I made this up one winter when I was too lazy to make minestrone, but wanted something kind of similar. REALLY easy and healthy! Measurements and times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, left whole
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 ounces vegetable broth (use less if you like a thicker soup)
- black pepper
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes and herbs and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add beans and broth, and cook until soup simmers. Check for seasoning.
- 4Just before serving, add spinach a handful at a time, until wilted.
- 5Serve--very good with a hunk of crusty bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tomato-Spinach-White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 446.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: