I found this recipe at allrecipes.com when I was looking to re-create a tomato soup I had in a little cafe. The only thing that I remembered about it was that it did not contain any cream or basil but had a hint of dill. Since I love tomato soup in the winter when I have no fresh basil in the garden... I always turn to this simple recipe. This was submitted by "Zale" on allrecipes.com and I have tweaked it just slightly. Hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do... Hint: it's great with a grilled cheese sandwich!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring until tender.
- 2Stir in the tomatoes, water, chicken base, and season with dill weed, pepper, bay leaf and optional salt.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, and discard bay leaf.
- 5Use a food processor or hand blender to puree the soup in small batches until smooth.
- 6Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream.
- 7You could chill it and serve it cold, but I have never had any leftovers to try it this way!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tomato Soup With Dill (No Basil!)
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g