Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy but tastey tomato sauce! Add your meatballs for a rich taste!
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce wild mushroom (optional)
- Warm the olive oil and garlic in a pan over medium low heat, until the garlic is golden.
- Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and herbs.
- If you have meatballs add them now, cover and simmer on low, gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta with fresh parmesan, pecorino or shredded ricotta cheese on top!