1/6 Photos of Simple Tomato Sandwich
I am only posting such a simple recipe because I actually somehow lived 29 years of life before my husband introduced me to the Tomato Sandwich. If you've only used tomatoes as an accessory in your sandwiches, and not as the Featured Ingredient, you are truly missing summer as it was meant to be tasted. Note: after many years, I have solidly converted to mayo for this sandwich, with fresh ground black pepper too. (Oct 2012)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bread (homemade strongly recommended, cracked wheat is my specific favorite)
- 1 medium organic tomatoes (room temperature or fresh from the stalk, do NOT attempt this with pale, store-bought types!) or 1 medium garden tomato (room temperature or fresh from the stalk, do NOT attempt this with pale, store-bought types!)
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip or 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- 1Toast bread.
- 2Slice tomato.
- 3When bread is adequately toasted, liberally spread both sides with Miracle Whip (or butter one side with Miracle Whip on the other).
- 4Lay tomato slices on one side of bread.
- 5Salt tomato to taste.
- 6Slap that baby together and savor summer at its best!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tomato Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 655.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g