Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up during those lean college years. It's a quick and simple way to enjoy fresh, juicy tomatoes. I don't go light on any of the ingredients, so everything is "to taste". It's also best if all of the ingredients (except the pepper) have been chilled.
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes (I prefer Roma)
- newman's own olive oil and vinegar dressing
- shredded or chunked sharp cheddar cheese
- black pepper (I prefer coarse)
- Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes on a plate and sprinkle cheddar cheese to taste.
- Shake dressing well and drizzle to taste.
- Add black pepper to taste.
Sorry to say this didnt work to well for me but DH liked the tomatoes a lot. I would have microwaved them to melt the cheese a bit and warm the tomatoes. I think a sandwich would be kicked up a notch by adding these tomatoes. Used finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing since I couldnt find Newman's Own. Made and reviewed for the Topic of the Month Forum - June's Cheese Glorious Cheese Tag Game.