Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a basic tomato salad that's great with just about any summer meal. I must say all these measurements are a bit of a guess. I don't measure anything, but just drizzle the olive oil and vinegar in until it "looks right" and tastes good too! You need really fresh, juicy flavourful tomatoes to make this salad work. A bit of feta cheese is a nice addition.
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups peeled and diced cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for an hour.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
I was lucky enough to make this..drum roll please..for Sackville! Yes. it's true..Sackville and her hubby have been cycling round the world and in March 2009 they came to our house and camped in our back yard...I had organised a barbecue and decided to make a couple of her recipes. This is a very easy salad to put together and the flavours are great, I added crumbled feta before serving. Delicious.
Delicious! I love fresh summer tomatoes and with fresh herbs from the garden, this simple dish is wonderful! Thanks, Sackville Girl, for sharing your recipe!
This is my fav way to make tomato salad!! Its perfect with home-made bread! Thanx!