Recipe by Bobo Bonobo
After much trial and error I managed to duplicate the chile verde served by a local Mexican carniceria/taqueria. Only three ingredients are used. With this recipe you may vary the variety of chile used to affect flavor or heat. It keeps in the fridge for a week or two.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and core the tomatillos, then halve them and put them in a blender.
- Puree tomatillos and add salt.
- Roast chilies in a 400 degree oven until they peel easily.
- Peel the chilies and add them to the blender.
- Use the"chop" speed until the desired texture is reached, usually a minute or less.
- Serve immediately on tacos, tostadas, etc.
- Refrigerate unused portion.