Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found on a packet of boudoir biscuits and is simple and delicious. This has no raw egg in so is good for everyone to eat. The recipe suggests Brandy or sherry as the alcohol and the sherry is a lovely alternative.
- 1 (175 g) packet lady finger cookies
- 2 (250 g) containers mascarpone
- 1 (430 g) can condensed milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 3 -4 tablespoons brandy or 3 -4 tablespoons sherry wine
- cocoa, for dusting
- Make up a cup of strong coffee and put it in a shallow bowl to cool.
- Put the condensed milk and mascarpone in a large bowl and mix together well.
- Add the alcohol to the coffee and dip in the biscuits to coat well - be careful though you don't want soggy biscuits that break before you get them in your serving dish. Place one layer of biscuits in your serving dish then cover with a layer(1/3) of the cheese mix, dust with cocoa powder and repeat layers finishing with a layer of cheese mix before dusting with cocoa.
- Chill well before serving.