Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe when planning a small Thanksgiving dinner for me and my sister. This incorporates familiar Thanksgiving favorites without requiring you roast a whole bird or fix a lot of stuffing. We had to come up with something that could accommodate our limited kitchen resources while providing something special for Thanksgiving. Feel free to change up the spices, adding more or less to suit your taste. Prep and cook time is approximate.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons oil (for skillet)
- Mix all ingredients until blended.
- Form into balls (will make roughly one dozen golf ball size balls).
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook meatballs in skillet until browned and cooked through.