Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
curry fish with a spark of lemon
- 1 lb catfish (fillet)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- all-purpose flour
- heat oil in a pan, the deeper the pan the less you have to clean up, i recomend two half pound fillets for this, make sure you have room to lay side by side take the fillets and use the juice from half the lemon on them, rub it into the fish mix the salt, pepper, and curry powder together.
- rub this into the fish dredge the fish in the flour, cover both sides good.
- take a small pinch of flour and put it in the oil.
- if the flour sizzles and the oil isn't smoking you have the right temp.
- put both fillets into the oil, turn the heat up a little since you just cooled the oil, saute each side for about 5 min then depending on how thick the fillet is you might want to put it in the oven for 5 min at 350* F.