Recipe by SaddleUp87
I found this in TOH and made it for dinner last night. The dressing is especially good and the whole meal is very healthy and satisfying!
Top Review by CaliCook
I made this for guests last night, everybody liked it. I used some leftover chicken that I tossed is a skillet for a few minutes with the vegetables. I added more peanut butter & water to the dressing because the vinegar was a little too strong for me. But loved the combination of flavors and textures.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce (optional) or red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, stir fry the chicken pieces in oil until juices run clear.
- remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir fry the carrots and bell pepper until crisp-tender.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the spinach, green onions, and cilantro; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients and process until well blended.
- Add chicken, carrots, bell pepper, and dressing to the spinach bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.