I originally found this in FoodNetwork magazine. We've made a few modifications, but it is definitely a keeper! Nearly all the ingredients are easy to keep on hand for when there's a bit of extra chicken that needs dressed up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste (more or less to taste)
- 45 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces udon noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the bell pepper and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- 6Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- 7Add more cilantro and lime juice, if desired, for serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Thai Chicken and Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste
light coconut milk