Recipe by Kim D.
Living in Texas, my family loves Tex-Mex and Mexican food. I always seem to have a hard time finding a rice recipe that my whole family can agree on. I came up with this recipe on my own and everyone seems to like it.
Top Review by Little Miss Cheffie
I made using chicken stock and followed Ritas idea for bringing it about 1" above the rice. I did have to add a little more stock while cooking toward the end, as the rice was not quite done, but I used brown rice, so that is probably why. It usually takes longer to cook then regular rice. Excellent side dish!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until water begins to boil.
- Cover saucepan with tight fitting lid, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes without removing lid or stirring.
- After 15 minutes, remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
- ~NOTE~The amount of taco seasoning can be adjusted to your taste. I use Penzey's "bold taco seasoning".