1/8 Photos of Simple Tex-Mex Rice
Kim D.'s Note:
Living in Texas, my family loves Tex-Mex and Mexican food. I always seem to have a hard time finding a rice recipe that my whole family can agree on. I came up with this recipe on my own and everyone seems to like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan.
- 2Heat over medium-high heat until water begins to boil.
- 3Cover saucepan with tight fitting lid, and reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook over low heat for 15 minutes without removing lid or stirring.
- 5After 15 minutes, remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
- 6~NOTE~The amount of taco seasoning can be adjusted to your taste. I use Penzey's "bold taco seasoning".
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tex-Mex Rice
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 32.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g