Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium bell pepper, coarsely chopped (any color)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 5 oz.)
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless strip steaks, about 3/4 thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (about 12 oz. bottle)
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a 12” nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper in butter 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in mushrooms. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetable mixture from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef steaks with garlic salt and pepper. In same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat 6-8 minutes, turning once or twice, until desired doneness.
- Return vegetables to skillet. Stir teriyaki glaze and water into vegetables and spoon over steaks. Cook about 1 minute, stirring vegetables occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
This was my first ever strip steak purchase. I usually go for the rib-eyes/chuck-eyes. Very tasty and will definitely make this one again! Thank you!