Recipe by Sheynath
This is the potato salad I grew up with. It is very basic with few ingredients. It goes with anything.
Top Review by mummamills
made this with leftover baked potatoes, and it was great! havent had sweet pickles in anything other then a macdonalds burger, and didnt like that :) My daughter had sweet pickles, she loves them, so the salad w3as 5 stars for her too! We didnt put any in the kid's salad, and they enjoyed theirs as well :) thanks Sheynath, Aussie swap, July 09
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle, cut in small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes, with skins on, until just tender. Drain and let cool.
- When potatoes are cooled, peel and cut into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Coarsely chop eggs. Add eggs and pickle chunks to potatoes.
- Gently toss in mayonnaise. (Start with less mayo, and add more as needed to obtain consistency you prefer.) Be sure to toss lightly to avoid breaking up the potato too much.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Also add onion, if using. Stir gently again, just to combine.
- At our house, we usually serve a small bowl of onion on the side so people can add as much as they like, or none at all.