1/2 Photos of Simple, Tasty Potato Salad
This is the potato salad I grew up with. It is very basic with few ingredients. It goes with anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes, with skins on, until just tender. Drain and let cool.
- 2When potatoes are cooled, peel and cut into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- 3Coarsely chop eggs. Add eggs and pickle chunks to potatoes.
- 4Gently toss in mayonnaise. (Start with less mayo, and add more as needed to obtain consistency you prefer.) Be sure to toss lightly to avoid breaking up the potato too much.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste. Also add onion, if using. Stir gently again, just to combine.
- 6At our house, we usually serve a small bowl of onion on the side so people can add as much as they like, or none at all.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple, Tasty Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 474.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: