1/4 Photos of Simple & Tasty Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Home-style apple pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1FOR CRUST:.
- 2In a medium to large sized bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- 3Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until you have oatmeal-sized pieces of butter.
- 4Slowly add water, little amounts at a time (you do not want to add too much) and toss with fork until dough starts to come together.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough. (This recipe makes the top and bottom crust, divide dough in half before rolling.).
- 6Put one crust in the pie pan, set the other aside.
- 7FOR FILLING:.
- 8Preheat oven 450°F, after 5 minutes of preheating, pre-bake the bottom pie shell 1-2 minutes.
- 9Cut apples and sprinkle with lemon juice (optional), set aside in a medium/large sized bowl.
- 10In another bowl, mix sugars, spices and 2 tbsp flour. Reserve 2-3 tbsp of mixture in a separate bowl.
- 11Toss apples in mixture, and arrange in pie pan (dome shape works well). Sprinkle 1 tsp flour, then with reserved mixture.
- 12Dot with butter, and cover with second crust. Seal/flute edges and slit steam vents.
- 13Bake for 10 minutes at 450°F, then rotate pie and bake 30-35 minutes at 350°F Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple & Tasty Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g