Recipe by diner524
I watched my mother make beef stroganoff and have added my own additions to the recipe. This is often requested by my children for dinner and even for their birthday dinners. They love creamy noodle dishes. Feel free to add some fresh mushrooms with the onions.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was really yummy. I didn't have cream of mushroom soup so used recipe #278160 to make my own, added a few extra mushrooms and wanted a boost in flavour so added a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste too, served with cheesy orzo this was much enjoyed. Made for ZWT 4.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces (I partially freeze it for easier cutting)
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I usually use about 1 cup of sour cream, so add sour cream to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag, combine flour mixture and meat, shake well until all meat is coated.
- Heat large skillet to medium/low heat and melt the butter, add the meat. Brown the meat 3-4 minutes and then turn meat and add the onions. Continue browning until all meat sides are brown and onion is tender and starting to carmelize.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. This will produce a nice brown thin gravey while cooking. Cook for about 30-45 minutes, stirring often and adding water as needed.
- Now add the cream of mushroom soup and the red wine vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Add sour cream, but do not boil, and completely blend all together.
- Serve over egg noodles.