1/1 Photo of Simple Tangy Beef Stroganoff
I watched my mother make beef stroganoff and have added my own additions to the recipe. This is often requested by my children for dinner and even for their birthday dinners. They love creamy noodle dishes. Feel free to add some fresh mushrooms with the onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces (I partially freeze it for easier cutting)
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I usually use about 1 cup of sour cream, so add sour cream to taste)
- 1In a plastic bag, combine flour mixture and meat, shake well until all meat is coated.
- 2Heat large skillet to medium/low heat and melt the butter, add the meat. Brown the meat 3-4 minutes and then turn meat and add the onions. Continue browning until all meat sides are brown and onion is tender and starting to carmelize.
- 3Add the water and bring to a boil. This will produce a nice brown thin gravey while cooking. Cook for about 30-45 minutes, stirring often and adding water as needed.
- 4Now add the cream of mushroom soup and the red wine vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- 5Add sour cream, but do not boil, and completely blend all together.
- 6Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Tangy Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 671.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g