Recipe by RO*TEL
Taco salad comes together quickly when crisp lettuce is topped with seasoned ground beef and beans, cheese, tortilla chips and zesty tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef round (85% lean)
- 1 (16 ounce) can beans in chili seasoned sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups broken tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add chili beans, chili powder and reserved liquid from tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes or until hot; set aside.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving plates. Spoon meat mixture evenly over lettuce. Top evenly with cheese, broken chips and drained tomatoes.