A simple but tasty taco casserole...serve with shredded lettuce, sourcream, and corn chips crumbled on top...kiddos may also want a squirt of ketchup on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and mashed with a fork
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mild taco sauce (or mild salsa pureed)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped (optional)
- 12 ounces cheese, shredded (cheddar or monterey jack both work great)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 2Crumble and then brown the ground beef in a large fry pan over med-hi heat.
- 3When ground beef is cooked drain the fat, lower to medium heat and then add the mashed pinto beans and the packet of taco seasoning (you could also use any one of zaars taco seasoning recipes as a substitution). You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to mix it all together smoothly.
- 4If using the onion and/or green chillis add them at this time.
- 5Let this heat through and then spoon evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- 6Mix the cottage cheese and taco sauce together spread over the taco mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese of your choice and cover with foil.
- 8Bake for about 30-40minutes til hot and bubbly remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes if needed.
- 9Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- 10Goes great with shredded lettuce, sourcream, and crumbled corn chips.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Taco Casserole (For Picky Eaters and Kids)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.0
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 1019.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild taco sauce