Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
A healthy, Spring version of a classic dish that will rev up your "motor" so to speak! Tangerines are reported to be very healthful- helping fight odd infection,reduce bad cholesterol, reduce stress and prevent kidney stones. YUMMY TOO! This recipe was found in FIRST magazine, March 17, 2008 issue. **Note Zaar didn't recognize Szechuan stir-fry sauce, but that is what is called for, spicy Szechuan stir-fry sauce.
- 2 tangerines
- 1⁄4 cup stir-fry sauce, spicy Szechuan is called for
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges (I prefer sweets like Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Zest and juice first tangerine; peel and section the second.
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup juice, 1tsp zest and 1/4 cup of spicy Szechuan stir-fry sauce; set aside.
- In a greased skillet over medium high heat, cook the peppers and onions for about 3minutes.
- Add the sliced flank steak and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the sauce mixture and the tangerine sections, then cook for 1minute.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).
We love stir fry, and this recipe was easy to make, filling and very yummy. I made this for *Diabetic Forum ~ Add More Veggies!* if ZWT4 so I needed to more veggies. So I added the following 2 carrots, a cup of snow peas, and 4 ounces of mushrooms as I prepared this. I had the spicy Szechuan on hand as I bought it special for another recipe last month. I did add a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the juice up. I made this for *Zaar World Tour 4* 2008 for the Asian *Diabetic Forum ~ Add More Veggies!* challenge, my team is the Tastebud Tickling Travelers
Very nice recipe, even though I had to modify it somewhat for ZWT4. First I did not have tangerines so I substituted 2/3 cup of drained mandarin oranges. I squeezed the juice of a lime in with the zest of the lime some of the juice from the oranges and â€œHouse of Tsangâ€� Mongolian Fire Oil. I use the Fire Oil a lot with stir frying. I also added a Â½ cup of halved Brussels sprouts and a Â½ cup of finely sliced carrots to make the 5 veggies needed for the ZWT4 challenge. BTW, I did not have any sesame seeds, but will the next time. I have some left over and will take it for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for a great new recipe.