Mommy Diva's Note:
A healthy, Spring version of a classic dish that will rev up your "motor" so to speak! Tangerines are reported to be very healthful- helping fight odd infection,reduce bad cholesterol, reduce stress and prevent kidney stones. YUMMY TOO! This recipe was found in FIRST magazine, March 17, 2008 issue. **Note Zaar didn't recognize Szechuan stir-fry sauce, but that is what is called for, spicy Szechuan stir-fry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tangerines
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce, spicy Szechuan is called for
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges (I prefer sweets like Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- 1Zest and juice first tangerine; peel and section the second.
- 2In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup juice, 1tsp zest and 1/4 cup of spicy Szechuan stir-fry sauce; set aside.
- 3In a greased skillet over medium high heat, cook the peppers and onions for about 3minutes.
- 4Add the sliced flank steak and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring.
- 5Add the sauce mixture and the tangerine sections, then cook for 1minute.
- 6Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
- 7Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Szechuan Stir-Fry -- Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: