Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
A basic sugar syrup used as a base for a variety of desserts and beverages.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 4 hours.
Thanks for the basic recipe. It is one of those things that if you only make it rarely that you forget the proportions!
I have discovered that if you boil the water in a kettle first, then mix the water and sugar, you don't need to cook it for 7 mins (too hot to have the stove on!) Works great.
Perfect. I used it in Banana Ice Cream.