Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe I found here on Zaar, and altered it a little to make it more like the one we used to have growing up. It's delicious served with rice, or udon noodles! I buy the pineapple pieces, and cut them in half, it's much nicer with the smaller pieces.
- 1 (440 g) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, sliced
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
- Lightly cook chicken in a pan with the olive oil.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 2 TB water.
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot, stir well, cover, and cook until the sauce thickens.
Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #25. This was very good and oh, so easy. The only thing that I did different was to reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup and it was plenty sweet. We enjoyed this and I will make it again. Thanks for posting this Sara!
This recipe makes for a very tasty chicken dish, & it's something I'd make again! However, the directions are sketchy at best! I used 6 skinless chicken breasts & cut them into bite-sized pieces before browning them in the olive oil until almost done! Then, after getting to step #3, I added all the OTHER ingredients to the crock pot, & stirred to blend them together before adding the chicken! I had the crock pot on high for an hour then turned it down to low for another 1 1/2 hours! Served it all over rice for a very nice meal! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]