Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
No on will notice that this side dish is a healthy alternative, and isn't that the best kind?! Fit for Thanksgiving dinner, but easy enough to make on a busy week night.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 3 large, peeled and diced)
- 1⁄4 cup 2% buttermilk, warmed
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, if desired (optional)
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Boil until just soft.
- add WARMED buttermilk, orange juice and zest, salt and nutmeg.
- Mash to desired consistency, mixing all ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve with a dollop of butter, if desired.