Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Root vegetables are great and this one of the simplest ways to cook them. Try it with more than just sweet potatoes (of course change the seasoning to suite). I've been severing my root vegetables this way for years I'm to sure where the cooking method came from but it's just simple and simple things.... :) You'll also need a skillet that can go in the oven. This is the only way to eat sweet potatoes! The amount of potato you use is up to you but adjust the amount of duck fat accordingly.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Simply cut the potato into chips or cubes (cubes make a great garnish).
- In a skillet heat the duck fat until near smoking point.
- Caramelise your sweet potato in the duck fat.
- It sill start to go a light colour and then slight brown (but not blackened!) Place the skillet in the oven and roast until potatoes are cooked (they'll be blackened around the edges- fully caramelised), about 20-30 minutes depends on how big you cut them.
- Remove from oven and drain excess fat on paper towel.
- Coat with chopped parsley and cayenne pepper (as much or as little as you like).
- Serve as garnish or just eat them now!