1/1 Photo of Simple Sweet Potatoes
2 hrs 10 mins
Our family really loves this simple sweet potato recipe because it does not have the sugars and syrups that other sweet potato or yam recipes do. We usually have this dish for holiday dinners and cook the sweet potatoes in the oven along with the turkey or ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and bake in oven until done (about 2 hours).
- 3Peel sweet potatoes while still warm and place in a large mixing bowl and add butter.
- 4Using an electric mixer, whip potatoes until fluffy and all the butter is melted.
- 5Pour sweet potatoes into a glass baking dish and arrange marshmallows on top.
- 6Place potatoes in oven and bake until marshmallows are toasted and soft. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g