Recipe by Chef Kate
As the name says, a straightforward salad with a light citrus dressing. A nice accompaniment to grilled entrees.
Top Review by Crunchy Numbers
Loved it! I peeled and cubed the raw sweet potatoes, tossed with 2 tablespoons olive oil and some salt, pepper and chili powder. Roasted at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, cooled to room temperature and then added to the dressing mixture. I will be making this frequently...thanks for posting!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, halved lengthwise and sliced on the diagonal (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced sodium is fine)
- 1 garlic clove, mashed (or pressed, (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Wrap each with foil and bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 40 to 60 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Add green onions and celery. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large measuring cup. Whisk well.
- Pour over the potato mixture and stir gently to coat, but avoid breaking up the potatoes.
- If you like cilantro (I love it), add in a generous amount of leaves for color, aroma and flavor.
- Serve at once, or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.