Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Thanksgiving tradition. The original recipe came from a small, local weekly newspaper. Prep time includes peeling and cooking the sweet potatoes. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. -- then, grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with the Crisco.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, the 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and the eggs. Spread this mixture into the greased baking dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar and the flour. Cut in the 1/3 cup of butter until the mixture is crumbly, then add the pecans and stir them in as well. Sprinkle this blend over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the 350-degree F. oven, or until it is golden brown.
- Allow this dish to "rest" for about 10 minutes prior to serving.