Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from my church cookbook. I love this because I like bland and easy things to make, my family likes spicy, difficult recipes so this is a compromise. You can use this recipe alone, with rice or add it to a tortilla.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 2 cups cooked short-grain white rice
- Cut chicken breasts in 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag. Add taco seasoning and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Combine salsa and peach preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Serve over rice.