Recipe by aeval
This is really simple, relatively healthy, and really yummy.
Top Review by tendollarwine
I made a really big batch of this with 4 peppers and a whole onion, julienne, a whole brick of tofu and a 20 oz can of pineapple. With the rice it made about 4 hefty servings. And it was awesome! Thank you!
- 7 -8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (green or red)
- 8 ounces canned diced pineapple in juice
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut half a block of firm tofu into bite size blocks. Stirfry it in a wok or frying pan with some nonstick cooking spray until slightly browned/cooked.
- Take the tofu out of the pan.
- Add to the empty pan - chopped white onion, chopped red and green bell peppers, and some canned diced or cut pineapples with juice.
- Cook over medium high heat and simmer until juices are reduced.
- Add the tofu back into the pan, plus some sweet and sour sauce.
- Serve with hot rice.